Well, I officially have 1 year to finish my 26 by 26. So, here’s an update…
1. Complete a round of P90X in all its fitness and nutritional glory.
Well, when I made this list of goals I had just started my first round. Unfortunately, within two weeks my workout partner had backed out and my elbow was not happy with all the push-ups. So… Attempt #1 = Fail. Attempt #2 begins the first full week in November.
3. Visit Dunnottar Castle in Stonehaven.
Done. Remember this?
4. Visit Balmoral Castle.
Believe it or not, I actually looked into buses and tours and planned a date with the girls. Then I went to double check everything on the website only to find out that the castle is closed until the end of October because that’s how late the Royal Family holidays there. I wish I could be on holiday that late into the year.
8. Find and purchase flat, black leather, fall boots.
Done! I got this pair from Clarks from my daddy for my birthday today.
10. Plan for a post-course travel adventure to Southeast Asia. & 12. Complete another trip/activity from Lonely Planet’s A Year of Adventures.
Working on it! See? I’ve talked to my brother about being my travel partner, but we’ll have to see how that pans out.
14. Pack a lunch at least three days per week.
Yay! I’ve totally been accomplishing this since the very beginning! We’ll have to see how it works once I’m back in school, though.
18. Do more research and ask more professionals about a certain potential “Christmas gift.” (This one is vague, I know, but even if I’m not ready to divulge it to the world yet, I still want to be held accountable for it.)
Well, I sent an email, but haven’t heard anything back yet. I think a phone call is warranted next week.
21. Find a way to volunteer with the Scottish SPCA.
I filled out my volunteer application and I’m just waiting for a placement either at the shelter or working events in town.
24. Figure out and go forth with a new, updated hairstyle.
I made a change tonight! It will be debuted in photos from all the festivities this weekend. It might not be a long-term change, it’s what I need right now. I think I’ll try a full update at Christmas time when Laura and I are in the same state again.
26. Just keep blogging. Just keep blogging.
I’m trying! There are obviously slow weeks, but I’ve been keeping relatively current. Yay!