This was the last week of my placement in Stonehaven, so I decided to do some no-bake baking and bring it in to the department as a gesture of thanks. Thankfully, it was received quite well (I haven’t made this particular recipe in years) and I was sent off with a passing assessment and high self-esteem.
Brains! (Because it looks like brains, not because you really need them to make this.)
- Honey Nut Cheerio’s–2/3 of a big box
- Smooth Peanut Butter–1 container
- Marshmallow Fluff–2 containers
- Chocolate–2/3 of a BIG bar, or really as much as you want
- In a mixing bowl, over a pot of boiling water, mix together the peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.
- Add enough Cheerios so that they are all covered adequately and there’s not much of the sticky mixture left over.
- Slap it into a “brownie” pan and flatten it out. Let it harden at room temperature. (I recommend greasing the pan with olive oil, crisco, or butter first just to make your life easier later.)
- In a mixing bowl, over a pot of boiling water, melt the chocolate until it’s smooth, but not too runny.
- Pour the chocolate over the top of the Cheerio mixture and smooth over with the back of a spoon.
- Let everything harden at room temperature over night. (I’ve found that leaving everything to harden at room temperature makes it a lot easier to cut into cubes later on for distribution.)
P.S. Don’t forget to clean up after yourself and offer your roommate the chance at either licking the chocolate bowl or the chocolate spoon. It’s the right thing to do. 😀