I’ve been spending the day trying to rewrite the “About Me” section of my blog. I needed some inspiration. So, I went looking at other blogs to see how they did it. Then I found the “25 Things About Me” list I posted on Facebook back in January of 2009. It made me laugh because most of it is still true. But obviously, some things have changed.
So, let us reflect…
- I am naturally blonde, but get bored easily. Still true. Still very true.
- I can’t live in one place for very long, never mind go to one school for very long. Yep, this one is definitely still true. Hence why I’m in Scotland.
- I was one of the original facebookers back when only 12 universities were online.
- I have recently been on a reading kick so my imagination has been boosted since last fall. I’m still enjoying reading, but with all the school work piling up lately, it’s been difficult to keep a good pace.
- I’m currently procrastinating. Whether I’m procrastinating doing my homework or going out to the Shout House for 80’s night is another question. Haha, yep, still procrastinating.
- I’m very independent, but love having Maddie to depend on me. Abso-freaking-lutely.
- I’ve decided that Maddie is, in fact, a purebred dog. She is pure bred Booze Hound. Maddie is still a lush. Even at 4 years old.
- I can’t wait to start a new chapter in my life this fall. I still haven’t decided it’s title, but it’s going to start. That was an interesting chapter. I think I should have been more excited to be living in the chapter I was in, than trying to read ahead to the next. I need to be reminded of that perspective even now.
- This really isn’t as random as it should be because I’ve deleted 2 items I decided were unfit already.
- I’ve stood in the engine of a DC-10 (it’s a really big commercial plane).
- I still haven’t decided if the Bible is a fairy tale. I’m working on it. As soon as I finish all the books I have lined up currently, I will read it and make a final decision. Yeah, I doubt I’ll actually end up ever reading the Bible.
- I’m taking 21 credits of classes this semester, but only count 16 of them as real. New school. Just as much work.
- I believe I have the best Greek family in the whole wide world. Love to my Big and Littles! Yay for family outings in Dinkytown! Definitely still believe this. I just wish we all lived closer to each other.
- I’m not entirely sure why I agreed to do this random facts note, but I think it has something to do with #5.
- I hold very high standards for myself and the people in my life. Even though this bites me in the ass every now and then, it’s still true.
- I set 11 personal goals (NOT resolutions) after New Years and have been working very hard to accomplish them. I can’t remember what they were…
- You should ask me what goal #8 is. It’s a really good one. Apparently not good enough to remember…
- I have been in love 3 times and never regret it. No comment.
- I got my SCUBA license at age 12.
- I went skydiving at age 18 with my cousin the morning after I failed my first college final (in Calculus).
- I love to be in love and I love to grow from heartbreak—it’s the best revenge! Haha, I’m not as keen about being in love as I once was, but I do still like it. And I also still believe that growing from heartbreak is the best revenge.
- I live in a fraternity house. Yes, with a bunch of boys. Yes, it is sometimes smelly, dirty, and loud. I wouldn’t have it any other way! I don’t live in the frat house anymore, but I miss it sometimes, and I always look back on it with a big smile and sometimes uncontrollable laughter.
- My boss once asked me if I would want to go on a date with Joe Mauer. I said “Yes Please!” Too bad he’s engaged now.
- I plan on adopting a new dog in the next year, but am waiting for Maddie to pick the right one. She seems to be against the idea of an actual puppy, so I think I’ll have to adopt a Senior dog which is something I’ve always wanted to do. I didn’t end up getting another dog, but I still think about it all the time. I imagine that once I get a job after school, Maddie and I will be on the lookout for another family member.
- I’ve never wished to win the lottery because I already have. I won $200 in pull-tabs in the fall of 2009. It wasn’t enough to do all the things I would do with a winning lottery ticket. I want to travel more!!!!!
Did you ever write one of these out? What’s changed for you?
Check the “About Me” section for an updated 25 Things.