Do you ever have those phases when you’re bored with the life you’re currently living, so you spend your days dreaming about how it could be so much more fabulous?
And that’s been my life for the last week or so.
I’ve taken potential situations that aren’t entirely unfathomable and embellished them just enough so that it’s a dream compared to my current life of writing papers and running elderly exercise classes, but not something that’s so outrageous or outlandish that I can cast it off as unrealistic.
Ok, maybe the part where I marry Prince Harry is unrealistic.
I think, maybe, it’s just my way of coping with stress these days.
I think blogging has helped me cope with some of the stress a lot lately as well. It’s quite therapeutic to just write down what I’m thinking, but to be able to play with the words a bit and challenge myself to engage with the world around me, literally and figuratively. So, imagine my delight when I discovered yesterday that I had been nominated for “The Versatile Blogger Award.” I suppose I never thought of my blogging as versatile. I always thought of it as random. But versatile does have a nice ring to it.
So, thank you, Jenn from “That’s a Jenn Story” for sharing the love and bringing me back from my fantasy life.
Now it’s my turn to share the love.
Ladies and Gentlemen, my nominations for “The Versatile Blogger Award” are…
- Tenaciously Yours–She runs, she cooks, she shops, and she’s a Theta. Bam!
- Ellen’s Master’s International Journey–She’s smart, she’s friendly, she’s funny, she’s conquering the world one flooded latrine at a time, and she’s a Theta. Bam!
- La Petite Pancake–She studies, she bakes, she navigates the engaged life, she plays with her puppy, and she’s a Theta. Bam!
- The Ocean in Your Bedroom–She writes, she photographs, she’s silly, she tolerates Aberdeen, and she cooks me dinner on a semi-regular basis. Bam!
- BrainyPintSizer–She hates cat-calling, she’s motivated, she’s a New Yorker, she’s funny, and she rocks high heels on a regular basis. Bam!
Now, excuse me while I return to my royal fantasies…
UPDATE: Award nominees must confess seven things along side of nominating others for the award. Sorry, I forgot!
- I have already purchased two of my three allotted purchases during my No Shopping Challenge and I still have three months to go. This could get interesting.
- I suck at night time cuddling. MY pillow. MY space. Leave me ALONE.
- I dream of leaving my logical life behind for a carefree and wanderlust-y life. Okay, that’s not so secret and probably not so rare, but it might be the first time I’ve said it “out loud.”
- I prefer snail mail to text messages… but it’s really hard to plan a night out on a whim that way.
- Even though I’m always complaining about school work, I really want to get a PsyD, Sports Psyc Cert, OT degree, Animal Rehab Cert, and MPH. I like learning way too much.
- I still have a crush on Justin Timberlake. My 6th grade self will never let that go.
- I believe fresh air has more healing properties than some medications… and I’m a health professional. Despite the push for evidence-based practice, I have no qualms about prescribing fresh air to treat tension headaches.