When I first started cooking for myself a while back, I was convinced the only thing an oven was good for was baking. Since then, I’ve learned that it’s actually the most effective way to cook without paying attention to anything except the clock.
Lately, I’ve been experimenting with different varieties of Easy Bake Chicken (it’s not famous or anything, that’s just what I like to call it), but I made this version on Wednesday night and I thought it was my best one yet, so I just had to share.
Ingredients (for serving 4):
- 4 Chicken Breast Filets
- 1 400g (14 oz) can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Salt & Pepper
- Penzeys Spices Mural of Flavor (Salt Free)
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 390F.
- Line the bottom of a baking pan with aluminum foil. Leave enough around the edges to roll up later.
- Place the chicken in the pan. (I know, right, who would have imagined?)
- Use the Penzey’s and Black Pepper to season the chicken. Don’t be shy about it.
- Pour the contents of the can of soup over the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the salt over the top of the soup.
- Cover the contents of the pan with another layer of aluminum foil. Roll the edges from both the bottom and top layer together so as to create a sort of pouch.
- Place the pan and its contents in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- When the chicken is done cooking, let it sit for a couple minutes just to soak up a bit of the moisture.
- Open the pouch and serve the chicken, pouring some of the soup over the top of the chicken.